Tuesday, December 27, 2005

From the Sunshine State

God I'm lazy. I really don't feel like writing, but you know, I feel like seeing something different on my blog...so this is really for myself. I got to Florida, after being stranded at Delhi airport for 16 and a half hours because of the damn fog, and I was sleep deprived for atleast 30 hrs and I couldn't remember if I was in India or America, and I spoke weirdly with everyone who came into contact with me. They probably thought I was doped or something. Anyway, next day, once on the plane, things got better. I saw Wallace and Gromit on the plane, which is a very very funny movie. Then American Airlines put us up at the Hilton in Chicago (cause they goofed at Delhi) for free and something told me, a Christmas miracle was on its way. So, as soon as I stepped out of the hotel, Christmas day, 6:30 a.m., it started to snow. And I almost danced with joy in the empty streets of Chicago.
And then I took the flight to Tampa, and here I am. I'm having good fun here, but more about that later.
Oh...and I might have been reported for suspicious behaviour in the Airport, or hotel, cause I kinda sorta par korofied the heights of bokamo and gayiamo (not "gay", "gayia"). I did not know how to call from the telephone booth, e-check in and a whole lotta other stuff, which I eventually figured out myself, after a whole lotta permutation and combination. And my English sounded like I was from some oj para gram and I went around with a lost tourist expression on my face. But I am not rolling my 'r's....I have not succumbed to the American accent.
Oh, and I got invited to a house party on the 31st. I don't know the people...and I'm 10000% sure, I am gonna get made fun of. Hmph. I will go to see fireworks at the pier, but.
And its cold here. It shouldn't be.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Absolutist said...

YOU WENT THERE ALL ALONE...you are one cool babe!!
snow in chicago...reminds me of that Emirates ad...two black guys run down the hotel to watch the snow outside...brilliant ad. also reminds me of tintin in america and al capone!! beware loony!
More of that pleaaase...pics maybe.
Fireworks at the pier are supposed to be awesome!!
HAve sackloads of fun!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

so u saw a white christmas!!! awesomme!! beware-dont get too drunk at the party n do what u had sworn never to do!!! ;-)

12:21 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

whassat? What did I swear?

2:14 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

it wasn't exactly a white christmas. Just a few drops of snow. And only for a few minutes.
Absolutist: All I could think about when I landed in Chicago, was here is where Al CApone lived.

2:17 AM  
Blogger erebus said...

wow!
Transcontinental travel alone can be a lot of fun. Especially if its the first time. Was it your first time?
I have promised myself that I will see snowing atleast once before I die.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

First time ALONE, yes. That just sounds funny for some reason.

7:39 PM  
Blogger erebus said...

Oh yes! Your first time ALONE can be fun too... But your first time not alone is usually more fun ;)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

*giggle*...you don't say.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home