Friday, December 30, 2005

The Elegy of the Musical Mosquito

Isn't it funny, or not, how some songs remind you of some people? I'm listening to Frank Sinatra right now, and I'm remembering certain people, certain places, certain smells.
Isn't it terrible when you really miss someone or some place or some memory, and you cannot completely mourn for it...I mean you want to...but you just can't. Not in one go, anyway.
Isn't it exasperating, when you are supposed to be having a great time, or are experiencing something utterly wonderful, and you feel as if you could feel a bit more....experience things a little better...so that it feels great when you think about it later...and you feel just about..average?
I went to this fantastic place called Sam Ash today, which is a music shop. You had everything there... guitars, drums, saxophones, keyboards, books and so much more. And I kept looking and looking and looking. You could plug in any guitar you wanted, and play on for hours. And what beautiful curvies there lived at Sam's. It was like guitar heaven. And here I was, this incompetent little thing, playing the same old chords, same old tunes, feeling like an inadequate rag. I missed all my musically inclined friends, right then and there so much. I know they'd have gone beserk. And, truth is...I didn't. I mean, I loved it...but I didn't go crazy. And something tells me, I should have.
Anyway. Really lazy day today. So long then.

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Doodler said...

i knw wht ure tryin to say...
wt u doin 31st?

11:53 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

There's this house party...and fireworks at St.Petersberg Pier. I'm looking forward to the fireworks, but not so much to the party. It's gonna be a whole bunch of white people and I become really stupid in front of them... they don't get my accent! Last year I watched Die Another Day and went to sleep at 12:30. Wasn't bad. Shotti. And you?

1:05 AM  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

hmmm...

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home