Tuesday, March 13, 2007

But every junkie's like a settin' sun

Is Neil Young hot or what. I miss the guitar days. The Needle and the Damage Done. That was the song. The first quote for the class of 2007. Or 4. You know. That, and the word "philistine". Barely audible. But more honest. Back in the day, it was all more believable. And it wasn't about glorification. It was just a sad, sad, sad echo - hollow and disillusioned.
Also back in the day, when life wasn't ruled by cigarettes and paper moons, and I still loved playing guitar and believed in bands, I remember feeling pure happiness. Sitting out in the terrace, under a red kalboishakhi sky, with good people, munching shingaras or something and just talking. Random stuff. It was all so effortless. With cool dusty wind blowing around us and someone strumming tunelessly and someone not. Good days.
Well, this silly, big ol' girl (I'm like a Bertha or a Cassie, no?) has finally started packing her bags. Reserving her lipless grin for others (I feel like The Rock - talking about myself in the third person and everything, jeez).
I'll miss it all.

Labels: