Thursday, February 22, 2007

If I grin anymore my cheeks will burst and all my teeth will fall out. And its weird, considering today was a pretty disappointing day... but I think it was compensated for. :D
I have two new books. Of Mice and Men and a collection of 4 plays by Camus - Caligula, The Misunderstanding, State of Siege, The Just Assassins. There were two books I was dying to buy, but didn't eventually (taka shesh) - The Town and the City and The Outsider. Tomorrow again maybe.
There's a lot of work - but I just feel so tremendously lazy about it. Maaan. I just want to lie around like a hippo and wallow in mud and music. I've had a terrible week, with terrible epiphanies and life sucked a great deal up until this afternoon. Tomorrow is going to be my last day of college. And I am, kinda sorta miffed about it. But then, there's this entire promise of newness that lies ahead of me and all that jazz, and considering I am quite tolerant of change, it should make me feel good. But to use that oftabused cliche - it is bittersweet man, bittersweet. Anyway, this is all very obvious kothabartha.
Oh today, S and I got laughed at for some vague reason by smarmy Bong gang at college. Their insignificance on the almost last day of college, seemed profound. Every para has 'em, every school and college have 'em. Gossiping and giggling, casting sly glances at each other all the time, giving you sweet inncocent smiles, usually accompanied by bhoda cheles with ugly pretentious kurtas - you know the one which has poetry written on it and the picture of a gram. Good bongs. Bidi khaye na, victoria-te prem kore. Goodbye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Doodler said...

profound insignificance. there u go. almost bittersweet. dark tobleronesque.
PS: :-P

10:49 PM  
Blogger Vatsala said...

chobi of gram on kurta. Hee. This post makes me feel oh so better .

11:48 PM  
Blogger Delphic Oracle said...

....bidi khaye na, victoria te prem kore.....lol!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home