Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Feb

Today has been a truly excellent day - though its not completely over. It started late last night, with the kids smuggling loads of alcohol into the room, just when I'd given up on the day. I had just finished watching the second cd of Breakfast at Tiffany's - which is FYI, my fix of happiness when I'm blue - and was planning to blog about how boring and lifeless my life is - when in walked these guys - and well, life's a'good. I didn't drink much, but I somehow ended up pouring a lot of hot candle wax on myself (don't ask). Anyway, we finally got our clothes washed this morning, which is, I think, the main reason for all my happiness today (see, how the little things can make you happy?) Then the kids came in again and brought with them eggs, milk, bread, butter, maggi and coffee - and we had the most fantastic brunch ever. I felt like a true-blue hostel gal at that moment, with our electric kettles and boilers and mini kitchen paraphernelia. U had the Beatles anthology with her, so we ate, sang and danced all together and I've been listening to it all day and feeling absolutely fabulous. The I decided to make some postcards, but ended up posting them to myself, and they are now up on the bulletin board. This is one of them.
There were a lot of empty beer bottles from last night, so N and I, after downing some gin (in the bloody afternoon) decided to plaster them with newspaper strips. There wasn't enough gum, so we did just one and it looks pretty cool. I put it on top of my cupboard and I want to turn it into a lamp (I miss environment-friendly yellow light). But I'm pretty sure I'll just get lazy and not do it.
Anyway. Today is my happiest day in February. So Happy February people. I'm so glad it's still cold here in Pune.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vatsala said...

for some reason, i like doing my laundry . there should be nice smelling detergent powder, daylight , warm water and a kickass washing machine . ( and i like it doing all by myself :) )

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home