Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have to write something about digital films and I sure as hell don't want to. Maybe if you asked me a year ago, I would, but now I really don't. I'm reading The Dharma Bums, and it seems just right after On the Road, because it's so calm and at times identifiable (god, I hate words like that). People here (and everywhere as a matter of fact) think I'm incredibly lazy (and it's apparently written all over my gait) and they are right. Sometimes I feel like letting the world end, while I just catch a few more winks of sleep. I can't get the fret and the flurry. I like doing things slooooowly. I do it better if I do it slooooowly. Anyway.
Yesterday was fun. It started with Visual Communication classes, which always make me feel like I'm a kid and I can do anything I want. Followed by Radio, which I also like a lot of late. And then the practicals - photography and audiography. Audiography got over early, so I was in the library reading my Kerouac, listening to Akshay's jazz collection (oh my god Nina Simone I could marry you) and checking out PN's very finely shaped behind. PN is this incredible hulk/hunk from the senior batch, with all these apparent brains and a demi-god like status in our college. Only, of late, I see him strutting a lot, which makes him more human and likeable, so I extract as much visual pleasure as I can from him, free of any guilt. That man, likes being watched. And I, like watching. So good.
Among other things, the 'authorities' have banned me from entering the audio-visual library, because I left the computer open after watching a film. *sigh*, If only I could tell the damn megalomaniac, it was because of the film I saw. It's mindfucked me to distraction - Thank You for Smoking - it did. Dolts.
I cannot believe the Golden Globes are over. It's so sad that it had to be this way. Anyway, loads of films that I want to watch. But fucking AV-library has shut its doors on me, dammit. Piracy. My last resort. See, discipline always leads to crime.
Oh hey. See this - http://digitallmovement.blogspot.com/ . When I think about it, it's kinda cool. It's a digi-film fest that my college is arranging, and I think it's one of those few good things they've done. Of course, we have to whore ourselves to the public to get any kind of attention, but still, perhaps its worth it - we will find out soon. Maybe, next year, some of you can send in some of your films. I was thinking of Kanti-Tanaji's City of Literature, but then I haven't seen it myself, and those guys are just incredibly unavailable all that time.
Watch the promo. The guy in the video is quite gorgeous. Taken. But gooorgous. The best of the lot. Heehee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQPKYDmzvU

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puhleez read whatever you can get of the Douloz legend in Kerouac's great scheme of things. Next logical step should ideally be "Lonesome Traveller"...if one can find it in India, that is.

Best.
:D

1:19 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Thanks :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

back to regularity? glad :D

1:41 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

:D I hope so

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home