Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bangalore

So yes, I like Bangalore a lot. As soon as I reached there, I got this great vibe, and it stayed with me till I left. I was only there for two days, but it seems like a very long two days, because the first day, I barely slept, and the next day, so much was packed in, in so little time that it just felt long. I got my nose pierced the first day, which is like, crazy, because I hate my nose, and any kind of attention to it is just weird. But I just wanted to, so I did for a fifty, and now it feels pretty okay. I loved how everything was so alive and how people were generally nice and liked listening to good music. It was all very commercial and superficial, but who cares, I had fun. And I thought the IIM campus was simply gorgeous. Soodoo met the most interesting man ever for an interview and shit, I wish the world would make more men like him. For more - see this - http://www.loungepiranha.com/. I won't say much, because well, its not really for me to say, right Soodoo? :D
Anyway, I met Chamki, my little imaginary friend on the right there, and it was good to see her so positive and happy and well, a little "gossipy" as she says. We shared a teensy little joint, and spoke like we're friendly neighbours who see each other everyday or something - which is always a good thing.
Hmm...among other things, I had a shower in the boy's hostel without really knowing it and I met the most unlikely people in the city, people I thought I'd never meet again. I also clicked pictures in front of Rahul Dravid's house, because when I was a kid, I was crazy about him, and I wanted to run off to Bangalore just to meet him. So for nostalgia's sake, I took a picture. Do not judge me. Or do, whatever. Haha.
My return journey was funner still, because I've never travelled by a sleeper bus - and that too for 18 whole hours. I am never travelling by semi sleepers again - this is coolness.

Pune is the same. Dusty and lifeless. I have static in my hair again and flaky dry skin. Placements are on, so everyone looks clean and bathed. A little prayer for a certain someone. Hope you get a great job bugger. And I love the corporate "ch**t" look like you put it. Sell out, but only for a bit okay?

*pics later.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nymphaea Caerulea said...

Ah...Bangalore...do try the bestest hot chocolate fudge in the world at Corner House

10:15 PM  
Blogger Chamki said...

Oh I wish I wasn't in a mess that weekend and spent more time with you. But I say things are sorted and that feels good.

and I hate to inform you that, that day I was in the IIM campus till 5:30 am dancing like a stupid monkey. And! I lost Sudu's postcard without even reading it!

i hate myself.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

NC - We wanted to! But it was late at night - and everything shuts early there! But we had something similar at Richie Rich, was it?

Chamks - It was great seeing you and don't feel bad about the post card, Sudu will send you another one, I'm sure!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

haha, bangalore makes us do randomshit no? like getting nose pierced and all? i like the place somuch too!

*decides not to sulk*

i'm going to tag you to this sorta wunnerful meme i got tagged to, only i'll have to doit first myself.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog
loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Check out my weblog; http://thepaleorecipebookreviews.blogspot.com

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home