Tuesday, May 08, 2007



These Scots I tellya. They are the coolest. And undoubtedly the machoest. It takes guts to wear one of these, especially if you're strictly following tradition (that optional underwear thing always fascinated me...I mean, it does get cold in Scotland).
A wonderful lot, with their whiskey, kilts, bagpipes, Burns and that killer accent of course. Yeah, so they're a little conservative with money, but that's a good thing, eventually, right?
Anyway, love them... even if all my perceptions are generalised ones, and as is with me, thoroughly conditioned by popular culture.

And of course, if a certain Scotsman does happen to ride a bike and look like this -
well...you'd understand, surely.The reason why Ewan Mcgreor scores above the Jude Law types, is because he's a little rough 'round the edges, you know? Like the Rent boy thing won't leave him. And he wears his Scotsman pride on his sleeve. Which is always a good thing. Long Way Round has been a bit of a Godsend really. Bikes, crazy routes, reality tv, Ewan fucking Mcgregor. Oh yeah. I'm a happy kid.
God, never shave.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Kidnapped. Big crush on DavidBalfour.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

:D It reminds me of Vagrants in the Valley.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home