Saturday, October 14, 2006

Something I just had to do

Once upon a time when my video camera worked, and I lived in a little house that had windows, that looked out into a lovely little lane and a sunny lake surrounded by palm trees, I was happy. And one Christmas day, happy high on champagne I called up a friend and had a conversation I had pre-conceived and imagined an evening ago. I didn’t get the expected responses, which made it a little disappointing, and it was crummy ‘cause I said my dialogues exactly as they were, and not in tandem with what he was saying. But despite that and other dubious phone calls we were happy ol’ chums. And we did other things, like maya and stupid songs and stupid stories and danced upon the bed. Sometimes stuff got boring, or insulting, but it was okay really.
Then I packed my bags and moved out to a giant’s house with no lakes or lanes or sun and I suddenly became evil. And then my friend had other friends who were all nice and wonderful and I wasn’t because I was fat, boring, sometimes-stupid and easy to forget. My video camera stopped working, and my sunburn super sex god-kid stayed in leather for days and days and days. And I had no stories to tell, no pictures to show, no hidden treasures to reveal, I was spent and rubber, waiting to volley. So we both had friends but we never played again together. And then he wondered why.
Because all he says is words right now. A whole lot of air and bullshit. I loved the bullshit, once upon a time. Because it was so fresh and warm and full of spirit and wonder. Just bullshit, but that good. Because all I do is dig right now. Dig, dig, dig like a crazy crab and never bother to come out to watch rainbows against soap bubbles.
And now I look out of my evil priestess window and he looks out of the corner of an exclamation mark and we always miss each other while surveying this crazy, crazy world. Goodnight, good luck and goodbye, my little friend with shortcomings and other brilliant, noble things. May the funk always be with you. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gasp.PERIOD.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

wow! dint think u would be able to put it together so neatly. its perfect!
and u, my little friend, are much much better off where u are now!
and thats that!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Vinegar haha. I will rot in hell.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thik hai.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dat was me asusual

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home