Thursday, February 09, 2006

I know this is pretty late in the day, but I'm in that 'I wanna boast' mood. This is my stash from the book fair:

Short Stories by every Tom Dick And Harry...oh the good ones
Creepy Stories - it was really cheap, and I like mindless horror
Women in Love - I like D.H. Lawrence...he's not too preachy
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
The Passion of Martin Fissel-Brandt - Christian Gailly
I'm Gone - Jean Echenoz (these two would fall under the 'quirky French translations' category)
Tears of the Giraffe + 44 Scotland Street - Alexander McCall Smith
Great Stories by Nobel Prize Winners - I just had to
3 Archie comics
2 study books (Criticism of American Lit and Puritanism to Postmodernism) - yawn
1 sketch book
And other things that Ma bought for herself and my father/brother.
I'm quite happy about it, and tempted to finish them all, but keeping them for later. Despite all this I spent all morning reading The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (for the millionth time?) and well...a teensy bit of Macbeth :D

I think I want Tarot Cards. And Tintin in Congo.

3 Comments:

Blogger erebus said...

I love those weird horror story compliations in cheap paper back that you could get in the book fair... from the Jaico stall or something...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Yes yes yes :)
But, this was slightly more respectable. It had Poe and Walpole and all that. But have you ever heard of someone called Oliver ONIONS?

2:13 PM  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

konta nebo konta nebo...?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home