Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Film Fetish

Achtung! Went to Rabindra Sadan and saw "Downfall". Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Sat on the steps of the balcony (like for Osama last time) and had Preeta, Ruchir, Faisal and Riju for company. I've never seen a WWII film from the German perspective. That guy who played Hitler, Bruno Ganz...you'd never once believe that it wasn't Hitler himself. We know Hitler as a ruler, dictator, a tyrant, a madman...but hardly as a whole person. Here, we do. Or at least a bit.
How could it not win the Oscar? Guess I have to watch "Sea Inside" to figure that out.
Anyway, loved it.
Umm...what else? I like artists. Some of them. I'm reading an autobiography by Dali called "Diary of a Genius"....and I realise (I've had my doubts before, but its pretty much confirmed now) that, I'm pretty stupid. Anyway. Here's a part of something I did :

It's supposed to be my vision of Van Gogh or something like that. I painted it quite a few months back. I can't do much (or won't do much) anymore. Artistic temeperament, dare I call it? Hah.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Absolutist said...

hey! never showed me your paintings before! Darn good, epsecially the eyes...they look awfully familiar!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

uh, dear absolutist, since it's supposed to be 'her vision of van gogh', isn't it rather obvious?

and yeah, all these tales of the film fest ventures break my heart so cruelly!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

You probably missed this dude, when you guys came to my place. I put it up on the bulletin board. I don't have too many paintings to show really. Some of them are lost, and most of them are crap.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Oh and for the record...Sea Inside deserved the oscar alright.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home