Saturday, June 09, 2007

I can't blog. This isn't home. This isn't my computer. It feels weird. Ma leaves tomorrow, and although I don't feel anything significant at the moment, I know it's gonna suck. I am hopelessly in love with my parents, no matter how disfunctional it gets sometimes. I have a new room. It's kinda cool, with a proper bathroom and everything (that's all that matters anyway) and the campus is quite shiny and brand new. It's too early to call it pretentious, but seems awright for the time being. The hostel (yes, it's the hostel), is quite a jailhouse - it's not the "party animal" (haha) in me that's complaining - but fuck man - I'm fucking 21 - whatever happened to choices? I had a smoother life when I was a kid fresh out of school, I tellya. People don't believe I'm a graduate (well, I'm not so sure about that myself), they're EXtremely skeptical about the driver's L, and all the "aunties and uncles" I meet here, good naturedly ask me, "Ma-ke bina reh paoge?" Not just Ma, man. Baba, Dada, Calcutta, everything. Lots of Bongs (as in Bengalis) here though. Damn, and I thought I'd cuss all the time in Bong and get away with it. My brother insists I improve my Hindi. It's an ok Hindi, but not particularly robust. I think it's the way I say "bhaiya". Like I'm 10 or something. I tried sounding older, but ended up sounding rather slutty. I'm more convincing as a 10 year old I think.
Ma and Baba desperately want to believe I'll become thin here. Fat chance (I kill me - sheesh). Dada thinks I'll positively die in a scooty accident. Preeta thinks I'll find some hot fellow to fuck around with (what? In that jailhouse hostel? Kinky?) and that kind of rubbish, Guds thinks I'll become a sleep-deprived freak, who has to study all the time and has dark circles under her eyes. This dude I met recently says (from experience) that I'll get fat(ter still?) and Sudu thinks we'll have secret literature classes at night or on every Thursday in our rooms.
I was just wondering whether I could manage to smoke up in that terrace place without getting caught. I've already started being uber-friendly with the guards, but they seems like freakishly honest people so far. *sigh* Where's corruption when you need it?
Anyway, am in Bombay now. Bombay buddies (like a sequel to "boys"), we should meet and have beer, otherwise what good are you? Hehe. Will call to bother.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Doodler said...

even i say bhaiya. What else does one say? U cant quite say kaku here.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

I stopped saying "kaku" a long time ago men. I said "dada". But it's not saying "bhaiya" - it's the WAY I say it. Like I either want a lollipop or sex. Crazy shit.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What, are you in JNU or something?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

secret literature classes, hee. dead poets' society type :)

3:23 AM  
Blogger Chamki said...

Heyyyyyyy!
You are in Bombayyyyyyy!

*screams from Bangalore*

have fun beer gurl!

2:15 PM  
Blogger sozzled n pickled tis the soul said...

btw i m also scared of the scooty thingie like dada.....u r to be verrrry careful missy abt those things....muah!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Sue - no, am I? I will only know a month later.

TBC - Haha, like that only.

Chamki - what! You're still not back? Watchya dooooin?

Guds - Grrr. No one seems to be pleading my case man.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home