Saturday, May 26, 2007

I like lights out by 8. I like it when you're driving down an unknown hilly road and you switch off the headlights and see nothing but darkness. I like getting wet in the rain and listening to thunder. I like it when the phone doesn't work, and I like it when I can sleep like a baby at 11. I like being caught in a storm in the middle of a lightless night with nowhere to go. Most of all, I think, I like being alone.

Because when I come home, I come home to an empty house - and funnily it doesn't matter. And when I call someone I find the phone busy or just have hasty, disinterested conversations.

And when I'm alone, I can think of the wonderful things I'm going to say. When I'm alone I can dream effortlessly. Because when it comes to meeting or talking, time keeps giving us the slip or you . So when I don't meet or talk, maybe it's because I love you. Ok?