Friday, May 18, 2007

Wow. Camera, is hard work. I have aches all over my body and was pretty close to hysteria yesterday after 2 and half hours of sleep and standing on my feet for over12 hours in stifling heat. Yet. I had fun. I was far from satisfied with my work, but I was proud of all our efforts. Now I know why the place insists on Yoga (my degree college will henceforth be referred to as, the place). You need patience. Loads and loads of it. Hats off to film-makers, actors, camerapersons and the rest of it. It's fucking hard work.
Anyway. After the shoot (I know I speak of it like everyone knows, but now you do), I came back home dog tired and watched Manhattan on Tv. I saw everything in terms of left pan, tilt, track, zoom and continuity. But Woody Allen being Woody Allen made me feel all fucked and fantastic. Neurosis and New York. I had to love it.
Mary Wilke: Don't psychoanalyze me. I pay a doctor for that.
Isaac Davis: Hey, you call that guy that you talk to a doctor? I mean, you don't get suspicious when your analyst calls you at home at three in the morning and weeps into the telephone?
Mary Wilke: All right, so he's unorthodox. He's a highly qualified doctor.
Isaac Davis: He's done a great job on you, y'know. Your self esteem is like a notch below Kafka's
Man. There's so much to read. So much to watch. Speaking of. I will take up Srin's tag in the next post.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Vatsala said...

whattt shoot hain ? arre I missed the movie! chi chi chi :( pix -e chilo na?

Oh yes, about the hard work, one reason I respect anyone conceiving and ensuing on even the crappiest of projects ever.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Yes, Pix, the 10 o clock movie.

And yeah, my sentiments exactly. Makes you respect even the shoddiest film! Shoot was for a short film. First time with a PD, woohoo!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

bahbeh...i am proud and impressed. You'll go places, you will!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Rapid I Movement said...

Dunno, I find Woody Allen just a tad too cynical to tolerate after watching Match Point. Maaney, I consider myself to be an epitome of pessimism only, but still, such utter cynicism in the name of polished sarcasm, nah. It almost had a touch of inhumanity, that ending.

Have you watched his "The Front"? I liked that very much actually.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

RD - :)

RIM - I haven't :( Match point, front, neither. I like old school Woody Allen. He's always the same guy, isn't he?

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home