Monday, November 13, 2006

I was coming home from the festival today (yay, first show) when I did something rather awkward. It was this crowded metro, and I'm too short to be comfortably holding onto the rod-things. So I'm doing my chi-balance thing (which I obviously can't) and also staring at this girl's back (who looks like someone from class, but isn't), and I'm like wasshername-wasshername? when the train pulls into the station and I go toppling sideways grabbing this girl's...ahem...neck. And then I'm all like sorrysorrysooosorry and literally jump off the train and run-trot away. And then I can't stop laughing (it's the latest thing...I get these giggle attacks when I'm walking all by myself in some place very very public, and I know how mad it is, and the more I think how mad it is, the more I have to laugh) and then I'm in two minds whether to take the bus or an auto, when I see a bus speeding away, and the action hero in me is all pumped and running after speedingbusguy and s-prrrings into the bus into the arms of sweatyconductorguy. And then goes sits on a woman's sari, which is promptly pulled away quite unceremoniously from under her gigantic behind.
Anyway, saw a film called Santa Clause is a Louse, which is the French (original) version of Mixed Nuts - which is a not-so-hilarious adaptation (with Steve Martin and Juliet Lewis). I went with Niloshree, and it turned out to be pretty good fun. Bizziare, but so so funny. I quite liked N. She reads interesting stuff, and used to ride cycles like me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

I know the girl's name now yayyyy!
I haven't been to the festival since :(

12:17 AM  
Blogger rg267 said...

that was freakin funny!
Yeh I do come to your blogsite sometimes to get a break from an otherwise ridiculously mundane array of tasks I have to plough thru on my comp (thanx to my BRILLIANT idea of pursuing grad school!)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Glad to know that one non-descript life brings some respite to another. :D

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home