Monday, October 03, 2005

A Wattchamacallit Weekend

Hmm. I've had the wildest weekend ever. Sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating....did I mention sleeping?
Anyway...I did do something fun actually! I went to the Parikrama concert at Someplace Else and since I wasn't expecting much, I ended up having a really really good time. They were...well, a little pretentious, but who isn't? I screamed when they screamed, I woo-hoo-hooed and I sent arbitrary sms-es saying that I was having a rocking good time! And of course, the music was great. I did unfortunately however, convert myself into a chimney. Somehow SPE and Classic stores has that effect on me. And I also stood right in front and head-banged and screamed next to the giant speakers...so my ears are still ringing...and my neck is in pretty bad shape...my voice was pretty hoarse till yesterday...and...I guess I'm growing old.
But good news is that Parikrama's uber-cool bassist ( who looked like he was having sex with his guitar...spanking, licking...the works) was very cute in a scary sort of way...and well...he smiled at me...(gee, golly, gosh, blush, blush, blush!)...tee hee hee. :-)
And what else? I saw Salaam Namaste and after doing so, I figured I might as well chop off my left foot for fun. Whaddya say?Jeez...it was... in one word...painful.
Umm...Have Journo and Compulsory Bangla tomorrow. Don't mean to sound all "I-am-so-English-whadoI-know-bt-Bong" types...(I hate them really)...but but but...it's been so long since I've written something in Bangla...that I dunno. Rajiv's going to think I'm crazy. I don't remember a single Bong teacher in school who was fond of me. They all looked at me rather disdainfully. Anyway...let's see what happens.
By the way...I woke up at 4 in the morning today and heard the Mahalaya on the radio. I loved it. It was raining...dark...and I got very nostalgic. :-)...Pujo's almost here!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unjustified Insanity~~ said...

seems like u had fun........again!

8:16 PM  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

I missed the damn show. Penniless as usual. But anyways, seen them a lot of times (sour grapes!). Mahalaya sounded so cool today with the weather and all. Played scrabble and dumb-charade all day...gonna give a brilliant bangla exam tomorrow! BOL!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home