Monday, March 13, 2006

Today was a crazy day. And it's not over yet. So I don't know. It began with a dream about a dead cat. It was supposed to be my pet, and was you know, those blue blooded breeds. Very pretty, white and furry with blue eyes and all that. But it was not a very pleasant cat, and I didn't like her much. I saw her falling down the stairs and twist her neck, but pretended as if nothing had happened. I went home, did some stuff, and then thought, I must check up on the cat. And I knew very well at the back of mind that, it was dead. But I hummed, and skipped and finally stumbled as I saw this beautiful white cat, with stiff legs, and lifeless blue eyes staring up at me...lying stupidly at the landing of the staircase. And for some reason I thought it was my grandmother and I felt very very scared. I thought I killed my grandmother. And I started wailing out of fear and sadness and regret...and it was NOT a very nice way to start the day. I take my dreams very seriously.

Then I was on my way to college. Running pretty late for the 11 o clock class. And I get a call. "Nandini!", says Sudu in a worry-wart voice. "What?" I say in a I-don't-remember-voice. "You have some practical exam that's going on. Troy just finished his and he's leaving!".
You don't say. So I did my very best, to feel scared and then consequently told myself to keep calm (why?why?why?) and started chanting some names I usually chant when I'm nervous. As per Murphy's Law, the car had to stop at ALL the red lights and get stuck in ALL the traffic jams. And I finally reached, a good one and a half hours late for my exam. But since it was a practical, we had the leisure of going in two at a time...and my turn hadn't come apparently. I went in knowing nothing of course, and got a bit of a look-down because my attendance was super bad. Anyway, it went off okayokay.

Then we had FS, where I sat looking dazed and pondered about my horrible prose marks. I imagined all the nasty things that Bertie would tell me, and I FORCED myself to remain not-happy-not-sad...because I've had it with unhappy people, and don't want to be one myself. And well, it didn't end too badly, because I came back home to see India win and there was finally something to be happy about. Although, I've lost most of my interest in cricket, because everyone's become so negative about it these days. BUT, But , but...have promised myself not to blame ANYONE for ANYTHING that happens in my life. I hate whiny people. And I...you get the picture.

Well...that's it. End of boring post. I used different colours :)

7 Comments:

Blogger erebus said...

dear god! being one and half hours late for an exam and then making it...

I'm paranoid abt being on time for exams. Always double check the schedule and keep things packed and ready the day before. Then all night I have bad dreams that are something like the one you described... that the exam is going on and I am somewhere fooling around and then suddenly someone comes and tells me that the exam started... and then I run around a bit through some corridors meeting strange people... and when I finally sit down for the paper... I know every single answer... it's the greatest exam of my life... and time ends..

It REALLy happened to me once... there actually WAS some confusion despite my worrying ... showed up about 25 minutes late for a 3 hour paper... I was in panic mode... all my nightmares had come true... but strangely I actually managed to finish 15 min before time... and got a very decent grade.. so...

I'll stop rambling now..

10:05 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

hehe. Worrying screws up everything. I wasn't worried about this really. it was only 50 marks, and a practical test. And I have faith in the names I chant :)

I got distracted by an auto midway though. It was playing "sexy eyes" (auto standards HAVE improved haven't they?) and I started to sing along mid-chant. :D

11:17 PM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

hmmm...whiny people!! that rings a bell!
:):)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Its time for trey and mu-ri-e-l.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog

9:30 AM  
Blogger Delphic Oracle said...

dreams...man, i take them too seriously...i actually know someone to whom i turn to, to have my dreams interpreted...nice choice of font colors, made me strain my eyes a bit...i can only afford to strain my eyes to read your writings, man...i love the way u sometimes speak out my thoughts...things I couldnt have written so wonderfuly as u did...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Annie tui mad :)
I love mad people. I think the same way about you btw. You write the things, I cannot.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home