Saturday, May 13, 2006

On a day like today


Crazy day today. Brilliantly mad at Bertie. Made me wait for two hours and still did not return my papers. Dontwant. Bureaucrat kothakar. Walked off. Will face him only in third year and never bring up the issue ever again.
Then things got better. I mean really. Ma came to pick me up. Had some work in New Market. So I tagged along, to my dismay, to some jewellery shop over there. But it was just a two minute affair, and I was in for a pleasant surprise. The shopkeeper remembered me...and he must have seen me after six years or something. And that felt good, because I'm really the forgettable sort.

Ma, wanted to cheer me up, so we had phuchkas. And New Market phuchkas are always special. And while we were waiting for the delightful little things to be made, the sky darkened to a sinister shade of grey. The best colour a sky can ever be in summer. So we had phuchkas, while it got greyer and greyer and windier and windier, and as soon as we finished, it was pouring baby, pouring. And then what-Bertie-who-Bertie. I love rain. We couldn't find Sukdev da, so we were drenched to the bone looking for him, but somehow, no-one was complaining. I took pictures of New Market on my phone camera while Ma walked on purposefully ahead. I felt like a bloody Raj Kapoor heroine (white and everything) by the time I got into the car.


Mother Nature to the rescue. And hot bath and coffee too. Don't you just love rain?

pics aren't great, low resolution etc.

15 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

phuchka'r chhobi dili keno ai hingshoote meye kothakar!! shudhu likhe'i shaanti hochchhilo na! ekkhuni delete kor delete kor delete kor.

boohoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooooo!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Oh I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they were. Just the right type of crunchy on the outside and deliciously sweet and sour on the inside, with a faint jhal-jhal which is not troublingly jhal. And the water mixed with sweat and other unmentionables was dee-vine, trickling down our greedy little mouths and duck-assed chins. Aah. Phuchkas. I could die for a nicely made one.
Need another kleenex baby?

9:18 PM  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

oh! i had phuchka too!! this guy used chilled water in his phuchka...and there was knee deep water all around!! deeeevine!!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

ohh vaat phun!!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Absolutist - Phuchka with chilled water is lovely :)

Priyanka - New Market is the where the khoo kids hangout...with their moms.

Zubee - Yes it was, and I'm excited about what's in store for us as well ;)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Eh no...looked like a bheja kak if anything! Just wore white...and got wet and transparent...that just sounds exciting. I looked tremendously funny.
Pics...well, I wish I had a better camera. Thanks anyway.

7:47 PM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

I loove New Market.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Vatsala said...

I really like d middle pic...its so got the feel of the mo...really nice...n what else i'm dying, my comp's conked off!college cyber to rescue...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

wonderful pictures !

1:30 PM  
Blogger razor4077 said...

is that new market?? looks very european... with the paved courtyard and victorian lamps. when did this happen?? bhalo lagche :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

It's been happening for aaaages now. Onek din dhore construction cholche.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... pamela+anderson+videos Amateur spanking clips Bisexual mmf cum Mature nude pictures What is the best vitamins online Hottest micro bikini 1995 buick lesabre for sale

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.high-speed-internet-access-1.info farmers insurance colorado olympic games Toyota of lake city Patient experience with seroquel football rules Gas powered meridia Cody is gay Cf29 panasonic laptop Equine business classes online Handheld pcs miscellaneous pdas kitchen appliances Buy wholesale watches W.w woodson scholarship chevrolet dealers Considerations for voice over ip Drive medical wheel chair leather wing chairs new or used vacuum cleaner

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home